Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Reflection Blog

This course made me see that food is marketed like any other product. Companies goals are to sell us food, not provide the healthiest product that is most beneficial to our health. Our desire for food has made us lose any control we once had over food. We allow companies to manufacture, control, and hide the truth about the food we are eating. I had never previously noticed how much I fall for companies advertisements without looking to the reasons/health consequences for eating the food I do eat and how little I actually knew about my food and eating habits. With this knowledge I hope to make healthier and less impulse based eating decisions, not simply falling for a new advertised product and being aware more aware of the changes in my eating habits to hopefully make positive changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment